Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Can Do It Cheaper - Monthly "Copy" Link Party

The Virginia House



So those of you who have been around here for a while know that I used to do a weekly link party. I got busy with life so I am now making it into a Monthly Party!This party will be the first Thursday of every month (except if otherwise noted).

Without further fancy talk... Welcome! This party is for look alike, recreations and ideas inspired by catalogs/magazine and online ideas that you have seen.

My own project this month was inspired by a Pottery Barn table that my cousin saw and wanted to "recreate".
She found a similar table on Craigslist and brought it over to me. With just a little work then we were able to make it look a little like the picture.
All we needed were some samples of red paint from Home Depot, a little bit of sanding and then some stain wiped on (and not wiped off) to complete the look.
She was happy with the look and we had a fun time working on it together. What more could you ask for?!

So the "rules" for this party.
1. As stated above, your link must be something you have seen somewhere and copied. (please don't link up other items since I will have to be a mean link witch and delete it;-) Otherwise link as many projects as you would like!
2. There needs to be a photo somewhere in your post of whatever your inspiration was.
3. Please link the URL to your post and not to your blog address.
4. Take my button with you from the top or sidebar with you to let everyone know where you're linking!

The final and best part! This months linkers will be narrowed down to five then YOU will pick your favorite one! The winner will receive a $10 Gift Card to Target!
 Have Fun!
Photobucket

6 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Thank you for hosting. i linked up my Restoration Hardware Vintage Trophy Pictures post...

Also, come check out my giveaway for a vintage scale..

Lori said...

Perfect recreation! I love the color.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You did an awesome job on your cousins table! It looks beautiful!

I am excited about the new theme of your linky party. I am a big decorating copy cat so I think I will have a lot of things to link up! ;)

Prior said...

fun party! I'm gonna' go look around, I used to do a monthly party, but even that was more than I wanted to commit, lol. Lezlee

Unknown said...

Great party, lots of terrific ideas. Glad to have found your blog, happy to be a new follower. Like to invite you to link your wonderful Etsy shop to The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag.

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It sure does look like the PB one. Great styling too.