Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strawberry Cream Filled Angel Food Cupcakes

For Lee's 1st Birthday I wanted to do something simple but tasty for the kids and adults.
I ended up combining a few recipes to create these colorful cupcakes...


I started with a store bought angel food mix.
(Tastes great by the way!)


Then chopped some strawberries.


This is the recipe I used for the Strawberry Cream filling.

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sliced strawberries plus 15 slices for garnish
(I opted not to garnish with strawberries)
2 cups heavy cream, cold
5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
(Recipe from Here)


I cut medium size circles out of the top and "dug" little holes to make sure I got plenty of filling in.

Last, but certainly not least, I whipped up some of this cream cheese icing which I could probably eat by itself.
Yum!
(I do believe I halved the recipe since I didn't need this much)
16oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream, cold.
(Recipe from Here)

Next step.
Chill.
Eat as many as you can without getting sick.


No need to wait for something as special as a 1st Birthday to make these!
Although it did make it just a little bit sweeter:-)


Love you little busy boy!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Helen said...

Amazing that he is already that old and I haven't even met him. Look for a remedy in Nov.

NanaDiana said...

Those cup cakes are really cute but not nearly as cute as the Little Cupcake you have there- xo Diana

Lana M. said...

Oh my goodness, Your "little busy boy" is simply too precious for words. I wanna just snuggle him!!!

Unknown said...

Cute blog! Found you on Pinterest :)

-Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }

Amy Kinser said...

They look wonderful! I love angel food cake and I love anything with strawberries and cream cheese. Yum.

Sweet little fella!