Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Round Top Texas Antique Week

I have the best husband in the world! For our 8th anniversary we had kind decided to "postpone" it due to the baby coming in just a few weeks. Then someone mentioned that Round Top Antique Week was right around the same date as our anniversary and things just fell into place.
We started our weekend right with a stop to our favorite restaurant The Salt Lick. (they now have one in Round Rock, not to be confused with Round Top)
We stuffed ourselves full then rolled ourselves out the door and to the nearest Academy Sports Store to walk off our dinner. (also hoping that just glancing at the exercise machines would help burn a few calories...)
The next morning we were off to explore new lands. Anyone that may think Round Top is a booming town, read the above population to put those beliefs at rest.
I've got a stool just like the one in the photo below that I am going to redo somewhat like this one. It was super cute but I didn't want to keep snapping pictures of it lest the woman think that I was going to
copy hers;-)

I didn't buy much. Mostly due to the fact that my back betrayed me and wouldn't let me walk anymore. The stuff I got though was worth it though, as well as the experience of seeing fields upon fields, miles upon miles of glorious antiques! There are a few places along the way that are so pricey that you're scared to look, but then we got to the fields and Zapp Hall in Warrenton where we ran into this lovely lady as well as this one. The stuff you will find to drool upon is just amazing. Anyone within 500 miles of Round Top during Antique week in the Spring or Fall must stop in for a gander!
Anyway, after spending an evening at Pappadeaux (the Lobster Bisque there is mouth watering) we felt ready to face the next day . First we spent some time at wonderful coffee shop right on Lake Austin.


Last but not least, our last few precious moments hours were spent at Ikea. Bliss!

I will show you some of the stuff I got in another post. Blogger has been a bugger to me today trying to upload photos. I just can't fight it anymore. What's up with photobucket too?
Anyway, happy Wednesday to you! You still have some time to link up to We Can Do It Cheaper!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to see what you purchased. Good luck in the last few weeks of your pregnancy.

Petit Design Co. said...

My husband and his parents lived in Austin and they raved about The Salt Lick (i have yet to experience it)

What else do you like at Pappadeux? I'll be in Atlanta in 2 weeks and I know they have one there. My brother who lived in Houston raves about them. My husband have been meaning to go and we will make it a point to go this time!

Alisha said...

So glad you had fun! Good thing you tried out Mozarts Coffee! Hope you liked it as much as we did!

Alisha

Helen said...

Hey Jill, looking forward to meeting the newest member of the clan. Been fooling around with my blog and it still needs lots of help. So much to learn and here I am sitting with my bottom lip bit between teeth hoping that my connection will let me continue. I am also looking forward to seeing what you found at Round Top. I want to go some day.

Prior said...

My group had a great time at Round Top, too! Lezlee

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

So glad you had such a great time! It looked like a blast!

Meet Virginia Design
Check out my Blowfish Shoes GIVEAWAY!! Free shoes up for grabs friends!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello, just came across your blog and saw a picture of my booth (the birdcages on the table). Hope you had a great time and it's time again for the shows start. Maybe see you at this next one. And we stop at the Salt Lick every chance we get, but my favorite salt like is the one in Dripping Springs, the original restaurant. I love to sit on the screened in porch and watch the birds while we eat. Have a great week, Theresa