Friday, September 17, 2010

Antique Alley Update

Yeeeess, I do have pictures. Did I load them or edit them yet? Nope. I'm tired. Really tired. 5:50AM came waaaaay earlier than normal. Or maybe it was the same time as it always comes but I'm not normally awake to greet it.

I got bad news. Today was not good. Not good at all. We had lots of lovely people stop by and say how cute and great our booth was, but.... hardly any buyers at all. I'm sad and a little depressed about it, but hope things will be better tomorrow. People that have been doing booths there for years said that this was the slowest they had ever seen it. Great. I guess the recession is not just a myth. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I may just be doing a sale right out of my house or off my blog. Any of you close to DFW, let me know if you would be interested! (or if you know of a place nearby that would be better for our style of stuff)

On a side note. The lovely white wreath you all saw below is made out of coffee filters!!! It was so easy and so cheap! I will be doing a tutorial next week for those that want to know the exact details. I promise this is so easy your husband could do it;-)

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my stuff! I wish all of you all could come tomorrow!!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

All the best for you tomorrow Jillian! I hope you have a better day. Wish I was close by to attend!

Kennedy Wife said...

I'm sorry about the slow day. I hope you have better luck today!

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*So sorry to hear your first day didnt have alot of sales..I know that feeling..my items on ebay I listed last week had no bidders ;( lol..Im sure you will have a better day today!!! And I cant wait to have the tutorial for the coffee filter wreath! :)Rachel~*

Helen said...

Jill, your products are worthy, just hang in there. I am checking in every now and then for ideas (really stealing them...) I wish I could take pictures the way you do, perhaps you could sell them? We are going to a show this weekend also, and hope to sell something. When I return with a full load after a sale, I just tell myself that I packed tighter going than coming back.

michelle said...

Aww, I hope that you did better today! That is really frustrating, been there many times.
I can't wait to see how you make your wreath!!

Texas Junque Slinger said...

I so enjoyed you visiting my booth at Antique Alley.... and I am so sorry that it was slow for you. All of your stuff is outright WONDERFUL!!! and can't understand why it wasn't snatched up..... it was like walking through a magazine live......

Don't give up it will work.... and the economy will come back ....hopefully sooner than later.

Keep your creative spirit working..
Effie

Liz said...

Oh I am sorry you are feeling down, wish we could come too!