Sunday, March 14, 2010

How Do You Hobby Lobby?

So yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby.
*do you hear bells? I swear I hear bells chiming each time I type "Hobby Lobby"*
As I was saying... My dear husband waited in the car as I "ran in real quick" to the blessed store (bless him as well, really, for it was not "real quick").

As I was walking out I peaked over my bags and observed a woman walking into the store. Her arms were crossed tightly in front and she was walking quickly but without enthusiasm.

And it made me think....

HOW DO YOU HOBBY LOBBY?

I will give you some choices:

1. as the woman I described above. (are you ill, was there a death in the family?)

2. with a bounce in your step, arms swinging by your side and a slightly mental smile on your face? (aaahhhhh, now that's more like it.)

3. as you're pulling up into the parking lot your door comes open with such force that it pops the hinges. You come flying out, hair askew and car still in the "D" position. Other customers clear a path for you as your paint splattered arms reach out to sweep items off the shelves. Your excitement reaches a feverish pitch as you pay and scream out "I ONLY SPENT $325.82?!!! Then you head back for more.
Somewhere out there in the parking lot your little minivan is doing donuts. (now that's what I call a true Hobby Lobbyer!!! Thumbs up to you my friend!)

So how did you spend your weekend? Leave a comment to tell me what you love about Hobby Lobby and if you don't have one in your area then we'll send out the National Guard.
Then scroll down and leave another comment for my giveaway, while you're at it click on "Become a Hobby Lobby Fanatic Follower Right Now".

Perfect.
P.S. Did you know you can shop online as well?
Photobucket

11 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

I was here looking for your pet blog hop post. I don't see it?

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh online!!! I don't have a hobby lobby over here, thanks for sharing, I'm heading over right now with a extra skip in my fingers :)
xo
Kristin

abbs said...

Go ahead and send in the the national guard....
poor me >:( poor us!!

Cottage Dreamers said...

I LOVE Hobby Lobby! I just might be like that woman you saw though, as I try to practice self control and refrain from buying everything I possibly can. I must, as my mother put it to me as a child, "keep my hands in my pockets" because I feel like I need EVERYTHING in that store and could seriously break the bank if I let my hands loose! I'm pretty sure I could live very happily in that store for a very long time.
☺ Celeste

Serendipityissweet said...

Lol, we don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. :) We were near a Hobby Lobby when we lived in Texas, but we are now hours away from one. Let me know when the National Guard is coming. I'll leave the light on for them. :)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh, I always spend more money there than I plan to. I make sure everyone with me understands that the trip will not be "real quick." It's impossible.

Anonymous said...

I feel silly that I never thought to see if you could shop Hobby Lobby online! Although nothing beats the experience of IN STORE shopping there. I LOVE that place!

beachy keen girl said...

i love hobby lobby. i think i'm normally bouncing around in joy when i walk in :)

The Misty Journey said...

I love to shop Hobby Lobby!!! I have gotten lots of my decorative clock collection from there, yes 40-50% off! So sweet! There are times they change their stock and I can't find what I want. Glad they just recently went online, makes my options greater...is that a good thing? ???

Unknown said...

This is amazing thanks for sharing this blog I have become a fan of your blogs now. This blog is so interesting and informative.
Penny Davila