Monday, February 22, 2010

A hearty round of applause, and a little sneak peak...

Just wanted to thank everyone for stopping by to read my humble little blog this last week! I appreciate every one of your comments and all of you that have chosen to "follow" me recently. You would laugh if you saw how many times I check to see if someone else is following. You would think I had won the lottery each time!
Unfortunately I caught yet another cold this weekend and didn't get hardly any of my many projects done. But I did find some cute pillows at Pier 1 for just $2.98 each on clearance!(plus I had a gift card)
The Pier 1 pillow is the striped one, the other paisley one is from Ross that I got for just $2.99, alas they had only one...

I also picked up some remnants of fabric from Hobby Lobby to fashion into my little birds for the baby crib mobile that I featured earlier this week. Not sure that I will use all three together but they were all so cute and for $1.50 each, they didn't break the bank.

Last but not least here's a peak into the boys room. I loved the suggestion of painting the wall a lighter blue and then glazing it for a denim look, but I had to go cheap and "quick". I'm so tired of this room being in upheaval (although it normally is anyway) and I'm ready to finish things up!

As you can tell, the painting is hit-or-miss as I try out the color on various parts of the walls. For those of you out there that are deathly afraid of picking the wrong color then I strongly suggest getting the awesome little paint samples that almost all home improvement stores are now selling. They cover an amazing amount of space so that you can really get a feel of what the finished look will be.

Be sure to stop back in through the week since I do plan on posting some (hopefully) completed projects. Including, "How to make simple euro shams out of curtains". I'll also give you a look into my "baby" room (he's 1 now and growing too fast!) and see what you think.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

your board and batten in that photo look great. Love barn stars and it looks like it will pop against that blue..if that is what you go with. looks like you may just be trying that out.
way to go on the pillows. I love me a great deal too.
Your fabrics look fab too. very vibrant and happy patterns.
Sounds like you have lots going on and you will be doing some decorating and tweeking in your one year olds room too.

rachel blazer said...

hi jillian! thanks for stopping by my blog- i'm happy to find yours as well! your style is just lovely, and i look forward to seeing/hearing more about your 'sleepy' little home! : )
hope your cold goes away soon- come on, Spring! we need you!!
have a great tuesday,
rachel

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

That blue really pops! I agree with what you said about the samples that they're selling now, totally worth the little investment :).

Ryan and Alisha Machalica said...

Love the new pillows! Great price. So jealous.


-Alisha

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the tingly feeling from comments :) isn't that crazy? Thank you for coming by and giving mine a shout as well! I will have to check back again, for I see you don't have the final pics up yet - hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

(oops! how did that multi posting happen?) sorry!